S.S NKOTB!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Q&A with Joey


From Time Magazine...enjoy!

*sorry I know it's old, but it's a cute one*

Joey McIntyre
By Joel Stein Monday, Mar. 29, 1999

Q: So you try to sell your album to Columbia, they say no, you put a single on the Internet, it becomes a big hit, and Columbia comes calling. Don't you kind of hate them now?

A: No. If you're going to have a chip on your shoulder in this business, you'll have no shoulders at the end of the day.

Q: Did you know the Internet was so powerful? I mean, who are these people surfing around for singles from New Kids on the Block?

A: There are a lot of New Kids websites out there. It's crazy, man.

Q: Boston's KISS 108 was the first to play the single. Are you tight with its deejay Matty in the Morning?

A: We play golf, man.

Q: Golf? Is that really keeping it real?

A: Oh boy. You're something, aren't you?

Q: You play a lot of golf?

A: Yeah. I play a lot of golf. You play golf?

Q: No. I've gone to a driving range, but I've never played a full game.

A: It's a round, by the way. It's not a game of golf. Just so you can keep it real on the golf tip, G. *hee hee such a smart ass*

Q: Before the new hit, were people still recognizing you on the street from NKOTB, or are those days long gone?

A: I'm able to walk down the street and not get recognized. It took a while to get used to. They're looking at you and you're like, "Are they recognizing me? No, they're just looking at me."

Q: How far into dating someone new do you bring up the New Kids thing?

A: Usually I don't have to. Sometimes people want to act like they don't know.

Q: What's your favorite New Kids song? Mine's Hangin' Tough.

A: I'd say Please Don't Go Girl.

Q: I don't know that one.

A: You'll have to brush up on your New Kids hits, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. If you don't like New Kids...then I suggest you exit out and not read, but this is for our enjoyment, please don't post your negativity or spew your hate here. ALL COMMENTS ARE MODERATED to prevent the Icky-people from ruining our fun!